|The Dell XPS 15 9520 Performance|
Laptop with 15.6" screen
Crafted without compromise.The stunning overall design of the Dell XPS 15 9520 is a side effect of careful performance driven construction. Machined aluminum provides strength and durability. The top cover is precision cut from a single block of aluminum. The base is surrounded with a ring of precision cut anodized aluminum to match the display back. The silicone base feels cooler to the touch than aluminum. Finally, the edge-to-edge hardened Corning® Gorilla® Glass is bonded to the aluminum display back and is impeccably strong and aesthetically pleasing.
Picture perfect.The standard full high definition display provides stunning visuals. View your movies or edit and create content with the benefit of a brilliant full high-def screen with 350-nit brightness. That’s up to 75% brighter than your average panel.
Seriously cinematic.Powerful NVIDIA graphics and full HD screen will take your breath away. Enjoy smooth web browsing, responsive applications, and highly detailed gaming with NVIDIA® GeForce® dedicated graphics.
Full high-def entertainment.With an integrated slot load Blu-ray Disc™ option coupled with a full high-def display, you get a full high def entertainment experience right on your laptop. Watch the highest quality video available today with Blu-ray Disc™ wherever you take your notebook.
Amazing performance at its best.New 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ processors up to i7 Quad Core deliver performance for your most demanding tasks.
Size meets speed.Enjoy a hard drive large enough for all of your work (up to 1TB*), and enjoy the responsiveness of an optional solid state drive.
Wakes fast.TheDell XPS 15 9520 with an optional solid state drive and Intel® Rapid Start Technology* wakes up within seconds, ready to jump right back into everything you were doing when you closed the lid. This enables it to resume in a flash when you’re ready, and ultra-low power consumption when you close the lid for standby mode.
Thinks fast.Get fast access to your favorites with an added mSATA SSD and Intel® Smart Response Technology*. It quickly recognizes and caches your most frequently used files and applications, allowing you to access them right away.
IT-friendly.Dell has made it easier for IT departments to choose laptops that offer the security and services they value in a fit and finish executives and employees on the go now demand. Optional enterprise-friendly features include Trusted Platform Module for BitLocker Data Encryption, ProSupport™* and Configuration Services such as static imaging and asset tagging.
- 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3320M processor (3M cache, up to 3.3 GHz) – business only
- 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3520M processor (4M cache, up to 3.6 GHz) – business only
- Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
- Genuine Windows® 7 Professional
- Genuine Windows® 7 Ultimate
Memory (2 slots)
- 4GB, 6GB, 8GB, 12GB or 16GB dual channel DDR3 1600MHz
- Intel® HM77
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 630M 1GB GDDR5 graphics with NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640M 2GB GDDR5 graphics with NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology
- 15.6” Full High Definition WLED, 350-nit (1920x1080) 1080p; edge-to-edge glass Corning® Gorilla® Glass
Audio and Speakers
- High Definition Audio + Waves MaxxAudio® 4
- 2W x2 = 4W total
Productivity & Entertainment Software
- Adobe® Reader X, Microsoft® Office Starter (reduced–functionality versions of Word and Excel with advertising), WebCam Central, Skype™* with H.264 enablement, Internet Explorer, Windows Live™ Essentials Wave 4, McAfee SecurityCenter trial, Dell DataSafe
- 1TB 5400rpm hard drive option; free fall sensor on board
- 512GB SSD option with Intel® Rapid Start Technology and Intel® Smart Connect Technology*
- 500GB or 750GB 7200rpm or 1TB 5400rpm hard drive + 32GB mSATA SSD option with Intel® Rapid Start Technology and Intel® Smart Response Technology
- 750GB 7200rpm or 1TB 5400rpm hard drive + 128GB mSATA SSD option with Intel® Rapid Start Technology and Intel® Smart Response Technology
- Integrated slot load DVD-RW or Blu-ray Disc drive
Keyboard / Touchpad
- Standard full size, backlit chiclet keyboard; spill-resistant
- Glass integrated button touchpad with gesture support
- Machined aluminum in silver
- Aluminum display back
- Silicone base with machined aluminum casing
- Magnesium palmrest with soft touch paint
- 65WHr battery; 9-Cell Li-Polymer (built-in)*
- *Battery is built-in to the laptop and is not replaceable by the customer.
- 90W AC adaptor
- 1.3MP webcam with dual array digital microphones
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6235 802.11 a/g/n + Bluetooth 4.0
- Intel® Wireless Display ready*
- Intel® Smart Connect Technology* (with optional 512GB* SSD only)
Ports, Slots & Chassis
- USB 3.0 (3, 1 w/PowerShare), mini DisplayPort (1), HDMI (1), RJ-45 (1), 3-in-1 media card reader, headphone jack (1), headset jack (1), Kensington lock
- Height: 0.91” (23.2mm) / Width: 14.6” (371mm) / Depth 9.8” (249mm)
- Starting at 5.79lbs (2.6kg)
- Intel® Rapid Start Technology: Requires a Solid-State Drive (SSD) or properly configured HDD + SSD.
- Intel® Smart Response Technology: Requires a properly configured HDD + SSD.
- Intel® Smart Connect Technology: Requires an SSD or mSATA drive only and a recognized Internet connection. System
- must be on or in sleep mode with application running to update.
- Hard Drives: GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; actual capacity varies
- with preloaded material and operating environment and will be less.
- Memory: Graphics & System Memory: GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion
- bytes; significant system memory may be used to support graphics, depending on system
- memory size and other factors.
- Intel Wireless Display: Requires an Intel® wireless card, a compatible Media Adapter (sold separately) and an HDMI or
- composite AV-enabled display.
- Wireless connectivity: Where wireless access is available. Additional access charges apply in
- some locations.
- Notebook Weight: Weights vary depending on configuration and manufacturing variability.
- Skype: Skype service subject to third-party service subscription terms and conditions.
- Dell ProSupport: Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region. For more information, visit www.dell.com/service descriptions.
- Accidental Damage Service: Dell Accidental Damage Service excludes theft, loss, and damage due to fire, flood or other acts of nature, or intentional damage. Customer may be required to return unit to Dell. For complete details, visit www.dell.com/servicecontracts.
- Limited Hardware Warranty: For copy of Ltd Hardware Warranty, write Dell USA LP, Attn: Warranties, One Dell Way, Round Rock, TX 78682 or visit www.dell.com/warranty. Availability varies by country.